Placid Bay Hotel is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We aim to comply with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards up to level AA.
If you experience any difficulty in accessing this website, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 518-523-2001 or by mail at: [email protected]
The majority of modern computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files on this website.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing as we incorporate the relevant improvements to meet WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines over time. If you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of this site or need assistance in using the processes found within this site, please contact us at 518-523-2001 . If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the Web page and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible.
Our hotel has the appropriate policies, best practices, and procedures in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for guests that need a lower level floor due to the need for disability access on property. We strive to make our accommodations as accessible as possible.
As part of our reservation processes, we:
- Modify our policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible alternative rooms
- Identify and describe accessible features at our place of lodging and guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given place of lodging or guest room meets his/her accessibility needs
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type
- Reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the guest rooms requested are blocked and removed from all reservations systems
- Guarantee that the specific accessible guest room reserved through our reservations system is held for the reserving guest, regardless of whether a specific room is held in response to reservations made by others.
- If you require any assistance with booking your reservation, please contact us directly via email, phone, or social media, which you will find on our Contact Us page.
- We offer wheelchair access to our lower level rooms but do not have an elevator. Our doors are all standard width doors. The public entrance to our Great Room is not wheelchair accessible.
- We do not have power-assisted doors, wheelchairs, or portable stools available.
- We permit motorized wheelchairs
- Public restrooms are not wheelchair accessible.
- We do not have ramp access self operating lifts.
- There is no parking space designed for accessible parking, however, there are multiple parking spots very close to lower level rooms but are not guaranteed.
- There is no underground parking or elevators on the premises.
BLIND OR VISUAL IMPAIRMENTS
- We do not have braille signage throughout the property
- We do have a staff member who is able to assist visitors in getting to know our property.
- We do not offer auxiliary aids such as readers.
- We do not offer assisted listening devices or have someone on staff who knows sign language.
- There is no induction loop.
- There is a visual or flashing alarm in case of fires in the great room areas.
- There are no assistive listening devices for meetings upon request.
- There is an accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guest rooms.
- There is an accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area.
- We do not provide accessible transportation to/from hotel with advanced notice.
- The hotel is not a fragrance free environment.
- This is a non-smoking hotel.